One day John Quincy Adams was accosted on the streets of Boston and was asked, "How is John Quincy Adams todoay?" and he answered, as he tottered along with his cane, "John Quincy Adams is well, thank you, quite well. But the house in which he lives is tottering on its foundations, the windows are shaking, the roof is leaking, the doors are not hanging straight, and so on, and I think that John Quincy Adams will have to move out of it soon. But John Quincy Adams himself is quite well, I thank you, quite well."
I can relate to that man. The older I get the more tattered "my old house" is becoming. . . All the repairs that can be made are probably finished (the two knees, hip, shoulder, hysterectomy, gall bladder surgery, three surgeries on my nose and now two on my face!) But the actual frame is getting worse. I was informed by my doctor yesterday that my back keeps deteriorating and that I now have absolutely NO discs left in the spine! (See, I do have a reason for complaining that my back hurts all the time). One of my fellow coworkers told me today that I have no BACKBONE!! Well, that depends on what you call back bone.
Hey, I have no complaints. The mind is still good (not excellent but really good) and I have some get up and go in the mornings. Not too bad for 81 years!!
I'm not ready to move out of my house for a long time yet!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Angela just said that you have to at least wait until we can give you another great grand child before you can move out of the house.
We love you!
-Loyd
Oh Grandma, I miss you.
Grandma, I love your spirit! I miss you and can't wait to see you this summer!
Post a Comment