Friday, August 21, 2009

Okay - I am back on the daily blog schedule. Each day I will send a little tidbit - some serious, some inane, some my own thoughts, quite a few quotes I have copied over the years. Most of them have a moral - well, isn't that what Grandma's are for? Anyway, here is the first one

THE OYSTER
There once was an oyster, whose story I’ll tell
Who found that some sand had got under his shell.
Just one little grain, but it gave him much pain.
For oysters have feelings for all they’re so plain.
Now did he berate the working of fate
Which had lead him to such a deplorable state?
Did he curse the government or cry for an election?
Or say that the sea should have given protection?
NO. He said to himself as he lay on the shelf,
"Since I cannot remove it, I’ll try to improve it.’"
The years rolled around as years always do,
And he came to his ultimate destiny, STEW.
And the small grain of sand that bothered him so
Was a beautiful pearl, all richly aglow.
The tale has a moral - isn’t it grand
What an oyster can do with a morsel of sand?
What couldn’t we do, if we’d only begin
With all the little things that get under OUR SKIN.

So did you guess the moral?

No comments: