Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Installment #4 - April 1995

This is tomorrow's blog!
Susan brought home some BIG projects - like putting two levi quilts together and then tying and finishing them. I wasn’t sure we could get them done, but she just gets to work and does what seems to be impossible to me. She also finished knitting a baby shawl and crocheting four pair of mittens, plus she made her annual Valentine gift for all of "we" girls in the family - a scented hot plate pad. She and Angeles and I went to lunch at a victorian tea room. We window shopped at home decorator stores, exchanged recipes and bits of womanly wisdom, and discussed gospel principles.
There is a song called My Hero and one of the lines is, "Did I ever tell you you’re my hero, and all that I ever hope to be". That is my feeling about this lovely daughter of mine. If I had been her daughter instead of her mother, I could have been a much better mother for I would have tried to adopt her qualities to help me.

No comments: