Friday - June 9, 1978
Loyd and I were out to the stake center to attend a Stake Primary 100th anniversary luncheon. We hadn’t been there long when one of the young men from our ward approached us all excited over the news that President Spencer Kimball had had a new revelation in which the negroes were to be given the Priesthood. We approached the news cautiously, not knowing whether it could be rumor or what details were missing, but it was apparent during the luncheon that it was not rumor as the custodian called Loyd out to tell him it was a fact. It is exciting! I can’t help but believe it is another sign of the times and that the time of the second coming of the Lord is approaching rapidly.
As we returned home, Kelly was excited and Susan had called from Provo and Carl from work to tell us the news. Kelly remarked that he had always expected it, but "later, at some future time." I replied that I felt someday we would be saying the same thing about the second coming.
. . . .for years as a people, we haven’t totally t accepted the Negro and have had the excuse that they were not acceptable to the Lord. Now the responsibility for doing so lies directly with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment