Friday, May 2, 2008

Some Grandma Musings

November 1979
I have just finished reading an historical novel of John and Abigail Adams. I see much of Loyd in the person of John Adams. A study of history is much easier for me with a personal touch added. The struggles of a young nation were surprising to me. I guess I had always thought the states declared their independence and then every thing was great, but it took a great deal of struggle for the states to learn to "live with one another." The birth of the church was not so different as I kind of compared its struggle with the birth of the nation. Abigail and John had a most unusual love for one another and the novelist made the notation near the end of the book that "life is for those that love." I often wonder what my life would have been without Loyd’s love. He has been the motivating person in my life.

No comments: