April 1, 1982
I think my husband has gone out of his mind. In ALL the 30 years I have known him he has never played an April Fool’s joke - has always gone along with my antics but never himself. This morning I slept in and didn’t get up until after he had gone to work. My first stop was in the bathroom and I couldn’t understand the two lids on the toilet being stuck together! It took me a little while to figure out it was April Fools Day and even then I couldn’t associate it with Loyd. The thought crossed my mind that perhaps the kids had come home and done it. I called Loyd on the phone and had a good laugh about it and then I got me a bowl of cold cereal, sugared it and covered it with milk, took a bite and spit it out immediately – the sugar was salt! I couldn’t believe it. Maybe after all these years he is paying me back for the cotton in his cream puff the second year we were married. Another call to him at work and another good laugh. He claimed it was because he loved me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment