December 1979
Kelly and I attended a showing at the ward of "Windows of Heaven: - the story of President Joseph F. Smith’s revelation on and promise to the people of the St. George area concerning the payment of tithing. As I watched it I thought back to the first time we had seen that particular film. It was either in 1962 or 63 when it was shown in the Taylorsville chapel. Loyd and I attended with the children and they were all small, Kelly being just a baby. Kelly began to fuss and Loyd went to the back of the room with him so that he wouldn’t be disturbing to others. It was just at this time that we knew there was to be a change in the bishopric of the Taylorsville 9th Ward (actually at its creation). I had had some unusual promptings by the Spirit that Loyd would be called to serve in some way but it wasn’t until this time that Loyd received similar promptings. He later related to me that as he stood at the back of the room, holding Kelly, that he was overcome with emotion, knowing the he was to called and feeling great inadequacy. He said he sobbed uncontrollably as he committed himself to doing anything that the Lord called him to do. When the call came to him just a short time later to serve as a counselor, we knew that the Lord had prepared our minds and our hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment