Thursday, April 10, 2008

Two of our 1985 blessings

January 7, 1985
It is about 8:15 . . Jim called a short time ago to tell me that he and Susan were at the hospital. I have been down on my knees in thanksgiving and supplication that all will be well as that new little spirit comes to us. . . 1:35 - I can hardly stand it. .guess I’ll just have to bide my time.
4 p.m. No news has to be good news. I talked to Jim and he assured me that "all is going well."
January 8, 1985 - It’s a GIRL. 8 lb. 20 inches long and has brown curly hair - lots of it.
January 9, 1985 - 8 a.m. . . went directly to the hospital. Susan had the baby in the room. She is such a doll - long brown hair with a silver streak on top, awake and I couldn’t believe how bright her little eyes were .
March 22, 1985 - I am a grandma again, no I am a GRANDMA again! We have another little girl baby born yesterday afternoon. Called them yesterday morning to see how Katy was feeling and Carl reported that things were happening at the very moment, so again I spent another anxious day waiting for the call to come from Provo! It was hard to put my mind to much else during the day. I thought a great deal about Katy and how I had come to love her and wished I had taken the opportunity in the morning to tell her so. . .The message finally came about 4 p.m.
April 10, 1985
I was so anxious to see our little Elsina. She is a pretty baby - olive complexion, round face and a little button nose. So bright eyed and alert.. . .Carl said that Elsina had "told" him that she had visited with Kelly’s and Wendy’s baby before coming to this life, but she wouldn’t tell him whether it was a boy or a girl.

Here is another short one for the road:
March 21, 1978
Braved the weather to attend the Borah High drill team assembly. Kelly was a participant of the Lettermen’s drill team. I wasn’t sure I wanted to claim him when I finally recognized him in blond wig, painted face, etc.

No comments: