Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A double dose today - Weaknesses and spiritual experiences

February 2, 1978
Felt a sense of relief after teaching the Spiritual Living lesson in RS this morning. The lesson was on "Turning Our Weaknesses Into Strengths" I could stand before the sisters as one having many weaknesses. Loyd came home early in the afternoon at the conclusion of a seminar he had been attending for work and we had a sweet hour talking to each other about weaknesses, goals, and striving for excellence. He inspires me to want to be better. I feel an urgency sometimes to measure up to his great qualities and understanding. Sometime I feel as if I am just clinging to his coattails as he pulls me along with him and I’d rather be up "there" with him" I love him so much.

May 7, 1978
Fast Sunday and an opportunity to especially think about my blessings in the spirit of the fast and testimony meeting. Bishop Hall introduced the meeting by bearing a testimony concerning each of us having spiritual experiences often in our lives. Carl was one of the first to make his way to the mike to express his thoughts on writing his journal, his mission and his family. He paid special tribute to his dad and to Quin. Shortly thereafter I found my way to the front to tell of my spiritual experiences that come to me, not by anything particular I do but by every day things that happen to me. I told of coming into my home and feeling peace and contentment – that to me is a spiritual experience. (Related also that) living each day in Loyd’s presence is a spiritual experience as is receiving letters from the children, going to R S, teaching the Beehives and listening to Carl bear his testimony. . .

No comments: